Sunday, May 20, 2007

Party Girl



Taylor's little princess party was on Saturday and she had a blast! I made her a sweet princess outfit to wear and she even had a princess hat, sash, a wand and shoes to match! (Thanks Aunt B and Nana!)

When people started arriving she couldn't have been any happier to be the center of attention, welcoming each guest with a hug and sometimes a kiss, which is really just her blowing on you.

We made it over to the cake, which by the way was the cutest cake I've ever seen! Thank you so much, Erin. You are AMAZING!



I really didn't know what to expect from her. She's usually very dainty with food, but I've never stuck a cake right in front of her either. Erin made her a "smash cake", which is a little cake for babies to "smash" their faces in, theoretically.



Not so at the Duty home.

We put it in front of her and the first thing she did was get a little frosting on her finger and hold it out for me. Sweet girl. I showed her that it was good, but she just wouldn't dig in....all we were getting was little swipes at the frosting.

So I cut her a piece and put some chunks in front of her. Then she couldn't get enough. She was gettin' after it. I think I cut her like 3 little pieces total. That's a LOT of cake for a little girl!



It was such a fun day and I really can't believe my little girl is one. I went in her room this morning to wake her up for church and here's what I saw. It seriously made me cry. I feel so blessed to have her and praise God everyday for letting me be her mother and do the job that He created me to do. And honestly I can't imagine loving another child as much as her, though come December I'm sure I'll find out that it's possible. I have my first appointment on Thursday, so I'll update then!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!! You are the GREATEST MOM EVER!!! Taylor is so stinkin' cute! I have to admit that I'm a little jealous! (I'm still a blog loser, so I deleated the same comment! Oops!)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cake for a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:08 PM

    SO beautiful!!! In every pregnancy I thought, "How can I love another child this much? There can't be that much love in a family." I promise you, there is!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...