Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Taylor Joy Update



Since this is what most of you wait for anyway, here goes...

Taylor thinks laughing is the MOST fun...she seriously just "ha ha's and ho ho's" all day long. It is her favorite thing to do and it's really hilarious.

She is also attempting so many words and sounds. She tries to say Taylor and she says, "tay tay". She also tries to roar like a lion and baa like a lamb among other things.

Yesterday she put her hand on my Bible and clear as day said, "bible." I was pretty floored but excited that she knows what it is!

This girl LOVES books! I seriously read books to her all day and if you ever come over that's all you have to do to keep her entertained. She loves them and walks around with her books saying, "booh booh!" No "k" at the end, which is the case with many of her words.

We have had some issues with fits and tantrums and even hitting but just have to trust that we are doing the right thing for her by discipling that kind of behavior and selfishness. Afterwards I hug her and tell her that I love her and that's why I discipline her. The Bible says that, "The Lord disciplines those He loves" and I repeat that to her too. I know she's young, but she definitely knows better and knows she's done something wrong after it happens. It really doesn't happen often, but she has her days for sure.

Another of her most favorite things to do is push her baby stroller around the house. It is a funny sight to see! She readjusts baby every couple of seconds and baby gets tossed in on her head, upside down, backwards, you name it! Thanks to Anika and Ariana for such a great gift! She loves it!

We are approaching 13 months! What a big girl! She is so much fun!

6 comments:

  1. Tay Tay,
    We are so excited you love the stroller!! Love- Anika and Ariana

    Kendra-
    We have to get the girls together. Yesterday I was checking everyones blogs and we came to yours and Ariana saw a picture of Taylor. And she yelled "Taylor, look it is Taylor!" and started laughing. I asked her if she plays with her at church and she said "YES!" I am sorry we were not home the other day but hopefully we can get together soon. We can definitly get together the week Justin is gone to pre-teen camp (june 25-28). I will not have to pick him up from work in the afternoon. Maybe we can come to your house and hang out or go swimming!!

    Wow! I think this is my longest comment ever!

    Talk to you soon,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Bible is SUCH a good word for a one year old! Praise the Lord. Y'all are such a solid foundation, she sees what the important things are already!

    <3 Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo duties, t.j. is the cutest(did i spell that right?)baby evr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hey cum check out my site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra,
    Taylor is so precious! Congratulations on the new baby, that is so exciting! (Sorry, we are a little behind) It will be so fun for them to be close in age. I'm sure Taylor will be a wonderful big sister.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a beauty! Treston is just about 4 months younger, so is it out of the question to start drawing up the betrothal papers? :)
    We love you guys!
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn,

    As I've said before, we are all for arranged marriage! There were quite a few boys born after her, so I have a feeling she may be the older woman! That's okay, I'm 3 months older than Allen, too! Treston is a cutie, we may have to work something out...

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...