Saturday, July 24, 2010

Galveston

We spent a long weekend in Galveston with our dear friends the Shipley's and the Otto's last weekend. It was the kids' first time on the beach and let me tell you, they fell in love. From the time they set foot on the beach, they were smitten.

The first day was my favorite. I had the two older kids with me the first day and then Allen brought Easton the next day. I loved having my husband and baby there, don't get me wrong, but the first day was so relaxing. I never would have thought it, but having two preschool-age children was very restful. Plus, I loved spending more intentional time with Taylor Joy and Beckett that is harder when taking care of the baby.

The kids were having the time of their lives jumping waves, running back and forth pretending like the waves were "chasing" them and riding the waves. I felt refreshed and thankful just watching them laugh and play.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip. I love documenting our life together. I love that I have all of this written down and posted for us to look back on. Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

  1. I love taking the kids to the beach too! Justin's not so much a fan, so I've gone with his mom instead the last couple of times and had a blast. The kids will play in the sand for hours! I agree about restful. This last time, while J was out of town, I took the pack & play and HW napped right there on the beach. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...