Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby Shower Prayer Cards

Have you ever been to a prayer shower? I have been to MANY. The sweet ladies at my church make sure to throw one for every old mom, new mom, young mom, blue mom. And it's obvious I'm a mom that reads way too much Dr. Suess.


Ever since falling in love with Photoshop, I have been making these prayer cards for sweet friends at their baby showers. I love sitting around with women I adore, babies in the womb I already love, interceding for them, praising God for this little life, recognizing our own inadequacy in raising children and trusting God's faithfulness.

In the past, I made these cards with each baby's specific name and the Mom and Dad's names, but since then I have had many people ask me about them and asking for generic ones, so I finally sat down and inserted the generic "this baby", "his," and "her." I'm excited to make these available and hear about these cards blessing other ladies.

There are generic boy and girl cards to choose from. You will need to:

1. Select and download the cards that you want to use (boy cards or girl cards) from my album in Picasa.

2. Have them printed however you prefer.

I usually have them printed as photos and them put them in a cute photo album for the expectant mom after we are doing praying. You could also have them printed on cardstock and attach them to scrapbook paper, ready to place in a baby book or hole-punched and fastened together with ribbon. The options are really limitless! Please send me pictures if you have a unique, finished product. I'd love to post your ideas!

3. Be encouraged that these prayers will bless an expectant mom now and will be remembered in the future, as the child grows and sees them answered.



***These are only for personal use***

15 comments:

  1. I have seen how these prayer cards bless other guests at the baby showers as well! How neat that these children are becoming a part of God's work in making disciples before they are even born! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra - you don't really know me - but I graduated from A&M in '04. I've read about these prayer cards on Heather's blog and am so excited that you're sharing your fabulous designs with us! My friends and I ar going to us these for a baby shower in just a few weeks! I was wondering if there was any way you could share the photoshop file with me because I would LOVE to personalize these with the baby's name like you mention. My email is: lstiller@gmail.com. If you'd rather not share the psd file that's totally fine. Again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kendra,

    I found your blog from Heather's, and I love this idea!

    I'm going to be hosting a prayer shower for a friend in March (I know, a long way off!), but they do not find out the sex of their babies. Would you be willing to give me some pointers on how to create these in photoshop so I can make some gender neutral ones?

    My email is philandaimee@bellsouth.net. Thanks!

    Aimee Landreneau

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kenners - just wanted to tell you that I used these at a shower last week, and there wasnt a dry eye in the house - thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards. How can I get a copy of them?? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talking to the Walls -

    Just click on the link in the post that will open up the Picasa album and you can order them from there. Just choose the ones you want and order them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see your comment above but I still can't seem to find the Picasso link. Can you email it to me? I LOVE this idea and would LOVE to use it at our church!
    juliacartee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this, Kendra! God has blessed you with some great talents. Can't wait to use these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kendra! I'll use your prayer cards in a baby shower this saturday... thank you so much!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kendra,
    You wouldn't believe this, well you probably will because it's JUST like the Holy Spirit to put the same desires on our hearts. I'm throwing a baby shower for my sister saturday and I thought about doing prayer cards but I had no idea where to start or how to work it out. I thought about getting on google and asking the search engine, I did and your site came up and now I have these wonderful, prepared, sweet prayer cards! I can't wait to use them Saturday! Thank you and God bless you for your thoughtfulness and sharing your hard work with us! THANK YOU sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsey, how awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me. I am so glad God would use this to bless your sister and also you! What a blessing to be a part of. Hope the shower went well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Kendra, Have you ever done these cards for an adoption shower? My best friend is adopting and asked me to do something like this for her shower. She has some very specific prayer requests she wants on them. Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! Is there a way to personalize them? Thanks for sharing them. By the way, I'm also a stay-at-home mom of 3 littles and we just finished our 2nd year of homeschooling. We've used My Father's World for Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades and LOVE it!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:53 AM

    Kendra, I want to thank you for this wonderful idea. I am holding a shower for my best girlfriend soon. Is there a way for me to personalize these with her name and babies name. Could you send me a file to do that with? I understand if you can't. I still really appreciate what you have posted and your wonderful idea. It will really make our shower special. God Bless!
    Dana swfbsn25@aol.com is my email.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:01 AM

    Hi Kendra,
    These are wonderful! I am throwing a shower for my sister in law next month and was looking for a way to incorporate prayer into the shower... this is perfect! I would love to personalize them... are you able to share with me how to do that...? If not I understand. Thank you again for sharing! My email is smilesrn821@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...